For more than 25 years, 24/7 Rooters has offered foundation wall stabilization services for residential and commercial customers in Bergen, Middlesex, Morris, and the Greater Northern New Jersey area. Signs that your basement walls may need to be stabilized include bowing, shearing, and/or tilting. If walls are not repaired in a timely manner, foundation problems continue to worsen and get more expensive to fix.
Bowing, Shearing, and Tilting Walls
External pressure to the outside of the wall can cause bowing, shearing, or tilting. This pressure may damage the structural integrity of the building and eventually cause walls to crack and weaken.
When the top of the wall is pushed inward by outer soil pressure, tilting occurs. Bowing happens when part of the wall has weakened and is pushed inward. Bowing causes the walls to shear away from the foundation, making the structure unstable.
It can be difficult to see bowed and tilted walls, so look for the following signs:
- Horizontal or side-step cracks along the foundation walls
- Cracks in the plaster and/or drywall
- Floors that are not level
- Cabinets, windows, and/or doors that do not shut properly
- Leaning porches or chimneys
Repairing Your Walls
At 24/7 Rooters, our experts use the Fortress Stabilization System to permanently repair structural problems in concrete block and poured foundations.
Depending on the problem we find with your walls, we use the following solutions:
- Bowing: The Carbon-Kevlar strap from Fortress is over four times stronger than steel and is used to keep the wall from bowing even more. The patented Epoxy Rivet Technology guarantees the strongest adherence to the wall.
- Shearing: To keep the foundation from sliding, our team attaches a Fortress bottom anchor to the Carbon-Kevlar strap. It anchors below the slab and into the foundation.
- Tilting: To stop tilting, we attach a Fortress top anchor to the Carbon-Kevlar strap. The Fortress top anchor is fastened to the rim joist to ensure the strongest anchor point possible and prevent movement of the basement wall.
Services and Solutions
Our trained professionals have over 25 years of experience inspecting and stabilizing foundation walls. Our team will inspect your foundation to provide a solution that works for you. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an inspection.